Choosing the right divorce lawyer is vital to protecting your best interests, as making the wrong move can result in a drawn-out, expensive divorce process. Conversely, with the right advocate on your side, you may be surprised at just much easier everything can be. Don’t invest your time, money, and hopes into someone who doesn’t care about you and your future--make sure you follow our important steps before selecting the right Los Angeles divorce lawyer.
Make sure you keep these key tips in mind:
- Be realistic about your divorce lawyer’s role in your life. Legal counsel is meant to be supportive, but it is not in place of a therapist. Remember, you are paying top dollar for a very specific service--make sure you get everything you need out of it.
- Stay focused on what is most important. It is easy to get caught up in your emotions, but it is not necessary to nitpick over the smallest issues in your relationship. Focus on the big-picture items so as to ease the entire process.
- Be sure that traditional litigation is truly what you want, as opposed to mediation or collaborative divorce options.
- Don’t hire the first attorney you talk to--make sure you do your research and consider a few in your area before committing to contacting any.
- Consult with at least 3 Los Angeles divorce lawyers before choosing the one you prefer.
- Keep an eye out for various red flags, such as promised guarantees, divulging other’s private information, or not treating your case with the personal attention it deserves.
- Finally, make your choice! Make sure you choose someone who is local, accessible, responsive, and accommodating.
Contact Our Los Angeles Divorce Lawyers Today
At the Law Offices of Korol & Velen, we understand just how devastating it can be to realize your marriage has come to an end. This is why our Los Angeles divorce attorneys will do everything in our power to make the entire divorce process as seamless as possible. Our legal team will do our part to ensure we keep you informed and comfortable, no matter how complex or complicated your case.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us at your earliest convenience. Call (818) 962-4669.