Looking for the right Los Angeles divorce attorney can be an arduous process, but it is an important one. Rushing through finding the right person to advocate on your behalf is a mistake, because this could mean the difference between a positive or negative outcome. Doing the proper research is essential, but it is most important that you meet with a legal representative directly, so you can ask them a number of detailed questions face-to-face.
The following are the top 10 questions to ask your divorce lawyer:
- Do you focus solely on divorces, or are they one part of what your practice entails? Are you a family law specialist? How long have you been in practice?
- What is your strategy for my case, and how long will it take?
- What do you consider an emergency, and how long will it take for you to return my calls?
- Can I meet anyone and everyone else who will be working on my case with you?
- What is your pricing? How will you charge me?
- What other costs should I expect, such as for private investigators, accountants, physicians, psychologists, etc.?
- What do you estimate is the total cost of this divorce?
- Do you allow me to negotiate with my spouse, directly? Can you offer any ways to help me reduce the cost of my divorce?
- How do you predict a judge would rule my case, based on what you currently know?
- How can you help me understand the tax effect of this process?
Contact Our Los Angeles Divorce Lawyers Today
The Law Offices of Korol & Velen is comprised of dedicated, experienced, and skilled Los Angeles divorce lawyers who have one goal in mind: helping our clients start a new chapter of their life with ease. Your needs are our top priority, which is why you can rest assured you are in more than capable hands when you have us on your side.
Schedule an initial consultation with a member of our firm by calling us today at (818) 962-4669.