Take these steps when your ex doesn't pay child support

Child support and custody issues are obviously difficult to go through for both parents and children. Most people generally agree that children need to be taken care of and that their needs should come before the needs of their parents. However, not everyone in Los Angeles who has been ordered to pay child support is willing to do so; and others simply aren’t able.

Although a parent’s first reaction might be to turn to a lawyer when an ex spouse won’t pay child support, there might be other measures to try first. Sometimes simply talking with the delinquent parent can make a big difference. If a person needs to seek the advice of an attorney because of a serious situation then he or she should do so. However, he or she should consider the gravity of the matter before making that decision.

Another good strategy to take when an ex spouse won’t pay full child support is to ask him or her to pat at least some of the monthly amount. If the parent who owes money really is broke then it could be better for everyone involved if the amount were reduced.

When a parent is behind on child payments or won’t make them it is important to remember these tips, which can possibly make a difference. However, sometimes, the only option people have is to turn to a family law attorney who has the necessary experience to help. If a person finds him or herself facing this kind of situation, then he or she might want to meet with an attorney soon.

Related Posts
  • Child Support Guidelines Read More
  • Who's Not Paying Child Support? Read More
  • Making Money Work After the End of Your Marriage Read More